Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Lost years intro: Fasting Day: 3

Another re-post, wrote this over a year ago. I pray God brings me back to that place of brokeness
“So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter’s hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. - Jeremiah 18:3-6
This has been on my heart a lot lately.

It is impossible for God to do a work in you without you first being broken. God is able to re-work in us as it seems good to him. Everything he does is perfect and has great purpose behind it. We need to trust him. If a structure isn’t good, firm or stable it is within the builders power to knock it down & re-build it. It would be impossible and unprofitable to build on a structure that isn’t stable. God showed me that it is the same with us. I realised that the closer and deeper you get to God is not the more puffed up you get but the more desperate you become for him. It is the more you realise that you need him and you are completely lost without him. I can’t lie the more God allows me to see the awful things In my soul the more I get discouraged. But God has been showing me to work with what I've got and that there's beauty in everything. Yes, I was the child at school that needed 10 sheets of paper to correct a drawing because I didn’t like the errors that I made in the first 9 so I always found myself screwing up pieces of paper and throwing them in the bin. Im sure some of you can testify to having done the same thing.

The truth is now that I look at it I should have just carried on and worked with what I had to try and 
perfect it. It dawned on me one day that this is the very nature of God .It would have been far too easy for God to just scribble us out and start again but he didn't. God sent his son Jesus Christ to redeem us. It's amazing! Blows my mind every time I think about it. God didn't simply just screw us up and throw us in hell, he redeemed us and carried on. Not that we did anything to deserve it and not that we earned it in any way. God simply had mercy and saw the beauty in us.

Every day I discover something new about myself that’s ugly but I’m grateful to God because whatever thing the light shines on is no longer in darkness. Plus it gives me a chance to bring it back to God & ask him to change me & break me in that particular area in order for him to rebuild me. This morning I found myself worrying & conversing with my heart; 

"...gosh how will I change… there’s so much wrong with me… it’s impossible for there to be a change… how many years have I been the same way …?? I’m gonna die in this state…I can’t do this…I can’t be bothered…”
After all the confusion the Holy Spirit reminded me of Jeremiah 18 about the potter & the clay then I came to myself and started to submit those troublesome areas unto him. I started to say in my heart,

 “..Lord break me if possible crush me, start again. You have the power.”

Which lead me to write this post and I believe that God is more than able!
So just to round up let’s lay it bear before God. Let’s be transparent before him & let’s not be fearful when Gods light shines on the dark areas of our lives that we were unaware of before because trust me it’s a good thing and also an opportunity for improvement.  Remember allow God to work on you and in you. Do not try to run away from God. Do not resist him. Allow God to break you down & build you up. Breaking hurts but it won’t kill you. God will NEVER break you down & not build you back up again.
Philippians 1:6 - Being confident of this very thing; He that began a great work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ!

*B-R-O-K-E-N-E-S-S *
Hallelujah!
Really hope someone was blessed by this post.
(Oh yeahh have a look at Isaiah 66:1-2) :)
Have a great day guys! God bless you!
Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment